Friday, August 3, 2012

Why, I Love My Work Even More

Okay. First I must warn you. This a post not related to any programming facts or help. I'm simply sharing my experiences here. So if you don't wanna waste your time stalking my life, it's okay :3 You can go read the important stuff in this blog. Just browse for some tutorials.

So, where was I? Oh, right! Work!

This week has been the busiest yet the most exciting one for this year. To be honest, I'm quite pleased when my boss told me to create Flash games for their site. I'm working for them for a month already and honestly, I love my work.

However, my previous tasks don't involve programming at all. It's fine since my work is something I always do: casual gaming, plus writing and checking grammars. It's fun yet very stressful since I have to play at least 60 games per week.

The other task helped widen my web developing knowledge though. When I was searching for jobs back then, a lot of company were looking for people who know WordPress. I was thinking it would involve a lot of blogging and writing. I mean, that was how I saw WordPress before. A blogging site.

But then I was completely wrong. My boss told me to create a blog specifically for puzzle games. The site is hosted under WordPress. I've used WordPress before but I like Blogger more. So when I started tinkering my site, I was completely overwhelmed with codes and plug-ins. I thought I'd only do drag and drop in making my website. I was oh so wrong.

I had to set-up my site for a week! But it was not a wasted week. I've learned about WordPress and how you edit your own site. My PHP class didn't fail me. I've asked help from my friend, accidentallyc. You see, I like surfing but I don't like creating sites people would like to surf for. I'm into games and database analysis.

So what happened was, I've asked my friend to design my website with stuff and add creative stuff while I tinker the PHP stuff. Fortunately, when this friend of mine started his On-the-Job-training, his involvement with my WordPress adventure helped him. It's a win-win!



So I guess I've finally bore you with the past. Let's discuss the present events now!

I've been casual gaming and commenting games for a month when suddenly a door opened for me. The door to finally use my Flash and ActionScript knowledge. Well, I'm still a noob in ActionScript.

So this door opened when my boss said we need to create games we can distribute. These games will link to our site since the AI in Google can search through Flash already. This would help them rank in the search engine and I don't know why I'm ranting about this. Just know that I'm developing games to help the site gain popularity. I'll leave out the how-does-it-work for later.

Anyway, this made everything better for me. Why? Three reasons:


  • My On-the-Job training is finally related to my course.
  • I get to improve my game developing knowledge.
  • Making games is my ambition so technically, I'm halfway in achieving my dreams. *angel singing*
And that's why I love my work even better!

*deep breathe*

Well, this is a pretty long post.

I'm surprised you read through all that boring stuff. I assume you are simply bored right now.

1 comment: